Thursday, 21 May 2015

Heading Off

I've found out my placement for the rest of this year!

Originally I thought I'd have a few weeks to spend here in South Africa before finding out where I would spend the next nine months, but that wasn't the plan. Charlotte and I have been invited to move to Zambia for the next while. To say I'm excited about this move is an understatement. I feel honoured that I've been chosen to head up to Zambia, and look forward to discovering more about what God has in store for Hands and for myself.

Finding out whether I'd be staying in South Africa or moving to Zambia was the first part of finding out my destiny for the year. The second part was my role. I will be working with the Regional Support Team (RST) Mondays through Wednesdays, and the Communications Team Thursdays and Fridays.

Those terms sound so technical, and honestly they are mostly just an idea in my head right now. I don't know much about what each role entails, but that's part of surrendering it over to God and accepting that what's planned for me isn't necessarily going to be easy. That's the beauty of Hands - it doesn't matter what you're good at, what kind of degree you have, or whether you're a doctor or carpenter, you will be placed in a role that will allow growth and will stretch you in ways you'd never expect.

I am excited, but also a little overwhelmed. I found out on Monday afternoon that I'd be leaving the Hub in South Africa this Saturday. It's not exactly a lot of time to pack up my life here, learn as much as I can about my new roles, and say my good-byes, but it'll all come together - and I'm quickly learning that it's okay not to have all my ducks in a row :) It is an exciting move, though, as I have the opportunity to meet my new Hands family in Zambia and be a part of the community being established in Kachele.

Once all this is more than just an idea in my head, I'll write an update :)

-heather

No comments:

Post a Comment