I miss mom's homemade pizza. And dropjes. None of which one can come by on this side of the world. Too bad, so sad,
Teleportation would be nice - I've given it more thought recently. I wouldn't mind an afternoon cup of tea with mom, or a Tim Hortons run with Jess. I'd get my few hours fill of Ontario, and be right back in Zambia. Sounds perfect to me.
I'm not sure if it's rude to say I don't miss home. Well, I said it, and it is the truth. Home for me is wherever God calls me - and honestly I don't know if home for me will ever be a permanent house. Right now, my home is Africa, not Fenwick. Maybe next year it will be Fenwick, maybe Zambia, maybe somewhere completely different. I have no idea.
But I find it exciting.
There's this song by Michael W. Smith - really well known song - and God often uses songs to speak to me. This song is entitled "Step by Step."
I will seek You in the morning
And I will learn to walk in Your ways
And step by step You'll lead me
And I will follow You all of my days.
To me, there is no better way to live my life. In complete surrender to God's plans, living moment by moment in His will, and waiting on Him to guide my next steps. I find it exciting, knowing I don't have to guide my own life - because I know how well that backfires on me. But there is someone bigger, who knows all things, who loves me more than life itself - in fact, gave His own life for me, and all I have to do is trust Him to do what He wants with it. Who knows where He will take me next? He will show me in His timing. Until then, I wait. And until then, I won't know any answers, and I find so much peace in that.
For now, I so enjoy the work I'm doing in Zambia. I get to be a part of an amazing community, united in living out our lives with Christ at the centre of all we do. I live in the Church - the body of Christ. It is incredible - living with people from so many backgrounds and countries, coming together to live in Kingdom culture. It's a constant learning process, and often is challenging, but the results only bind us closer together as a family in Christ.
I also never thought I'd live with so many brothers and sisters from all over the world - it is a privilege. Meet the newest member of the family: 'Semba' - which in English means 'Rejoice.' Needless to say, she's wiggled her way into my heart. She's perfection.
-heather
No comments:
Post a Comment